Last week, I decided to move one of the ceramic totem poles into a bare spot at the front of the house. So, I carefully took it apart; carried the individual pieces to the front and finally carried the pole to the front and reassembled it.
About 10 minutes later, S.O. and I went to look at it. OUCH!! The totem pole had tumbled over and at least half the pieces were broken. Nothing to do but toss those into the trash and start over.
Next day, I pulled the pole & concrete base out of the plastic pot and “planted” the concrete in the ground. Then it was time to reassemble the totem. Fortunately, there were enough pieces of “totems in progress” to rebuild. It’s not quite the same but I still kinda like it.